We want to create a ‘risk-free’ learning environment
- where students are willing to
* Risk making mistakes
* Push themselves
* Take on challenge
- where teachers communicate confidence in all students’ ability to rise to the learning challenge
- where students are able to effectively self-assess their own learning and effort.
How can we enact a growth mindset culture in our school?
- Ensure all stakeholders – staff, students, governors and parents – have the approach clearly explained
- Change the language of feedback
- Use growth mindset praise
- Use formative comments only for assessments
- Encourage children to feel confident to make mistakes
Please take a look at our presentation for parents.