Year 1 - 2017 - 2018
Here you will find lots of information on what Year 1 have been up to and what we are looking forward to!
Mrs Ellmore was so impressed with the Year 5's Robin Hood stories that she decided they should share them! We were very happy to hear them and share some reading time with our buddies.
On Friday 20th October in the afternoon, Reception class and Year 1 got together to play and share toys, equipment and ideas.
We had a great time together.
- wrote, with wet paintbrushes, on the floor (Communication & language, writing)
- painted and mixed our own colours (Expressive art and design, art)
- made mud pies and patterns in the mud (Expressive Art and Design,D&T)
- used spades to dig in the mud (Physical development, PE)
- played shops dressed as witches (Communication & Language, Speaking and listening, Maths & numbers)
- built railways (spatial awareness & fine motor skills)
- talked about creatures from the sea (Understanding of the world, science & speaking and listening)
- played with the pirate ship (Being imaginative, communication & sharing)
- drew pictures (Physical development, fine motor skills)
- used scissors to cut shapes (Art and Design, & maths, shapes)
- wrote stories (Communication and language, writing & fine motor skills)
- made models with Lego and other modelling equipment (maths, shape and space)
- played Bingo with our friends (maths, number recognition to 100)
- read books in the book area (reading)
- played "schools" outside (imaginative role play, making relationships)
- rode bikes and scooters (physical education)
- played with the water tray (science, maths, english)
- named parts of a skeleton (Understanding of the world, science)
- ENJOYED OURSELVES WITH OUR FRIENDS
We hope you enjoy looking at the photos.